Monday, September 23, 2013

Mutilated Currency

If you have a large stash of cash and something horrible happens to it -- like it's seriously damaged in a fire or a flood -- is there any way to get it replaced?  Possibly.  "The Bureau of Engraving and Printing redeems partially destroyed or badly damaged currency as a free public service."  The guidelines on what qualifies as "mutilated currency" and a link to the instructions for submitting a claim can be found on this page:

Once you get your replacement currency, you may want to reconsider the wisdom of keeping it in your mattress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.