Monday, February 24, 2014

Carbon Monoxide

Recently one person in a New York restaurant was killed and several others were hospitalized due to inhaling carbon monoxide.  How can you avoid exposure to dangerous levels of this colorless, odorless, poisonous gas?  The Consumer Product Safety Commission has several tips in its Carbon Monoxide Information Center:

At home you need to keep a close eye on any equipment or appliance that burns fuel.  In a public building like a restaurant you can inquire about their most recent safety inspections, but you may also want to consider the charms of dining on the patio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.